Thursday, January 27, 2011

Daydreaming on a Snow Day


On snowy days like today, I find myself daydreaming about the Spring and all the lovely places I would like to visit.


Today I looked through some of my old trip pictures.




I love recording music when I'm stuck inside, even if I don't know exactly what I'm doing. Colleen and I learned how to play Bob Dylan's,  'Farewell Angelina' today. I decided to put our song we recored to some Colorado images that I never really used. Please excuse its rough quality, we are not professional by any means:) 

 I will make plans after the snow melts away, today is a day for wishful thinking.  


I think I would like to explore America a little more. For some reason I really want to go out west and visit  California, Washington State, Oregon, Wyoming and Arizona. I would also like to go down south and visit Tennessee, and Georgia. We'll see what happens!  



Things I Like this Week


I Love this Free People video because it was shot in Colorado. I love love love their outfits too!


I would love to have one of these blankets. They are made from recycled sweaters, blankets, and jeans. They then embellish them with lace and other trims.

So I totally came up with this idea in my head, but I really didn't know how to make it happen. It's great to see that it actually exists already! 


 Other People's Artwork

I enjoy looking at other people's artwork for inspiration. Here are a few pieces I really liked this week. I am always drawn to artwork that is about nature.I like how both artists mixed the natural subject matter with a modern rendering technique. 






 I really liked the western images mixed with 1970s colors.


Taking Flight

 I decided to make a mixed media picture of my own, because I was tired of my old ones:)

Things I want to Make
As soon as it gets warm again I want to make a lake sculpture like this! 


These are so cool! It is interesting how the artist used bright modern colors on the natural driftwood. All I have to do is go out and find some driftwood!
Plexiglass Art Free People.I am going to make t this and put it on a window.


For all of my friends who love to knit, check out this awesome website! It shows different locations from around the world where people have knitted in the most interesting of places. If public transportation looked like this, I would take it every day to work:) 



2 comments:

  1. I'm going start making driftwood sculptures and put them in the canal at Ave! The more extravagant the better. I want people to just be like "What the hell is that?!"


    Also, your sister is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I know she is pretty cool:) and yes u should make driftwood sculptures hahah!

    ReplyDelete